Re: [icann-eu] NSI selling data of domain name holders issue

Dear Andy and others!

The minimum rules should be consistent with the Privacy and Data Protection
Guidelines of the Global Business Dialogue on eCommerce. The basic point
here is to differantiate between "sdensitive" and "non-sensitive" data and
then to have on "opt-in" and "opt-out" option. If trhere are sensitive
personal data, the company have to ask the consumer before selling data. In
the non-sensitive area, the company takes the agreement with the consumer
to have the right to sell the data as long as the consumer does not
intervene and asks the company "mnot to sell" her/his personal data.

Such a clause could be incorporated into the contract when a user registers
a name.

see: http://www.gbde.org/nn/2000/privacy.html

Hi

wolfgang