[icann-eu] Re: Apology for this afternoon's Presentation

Adam, Pindar and all,

  Pindar, as you know many that have wished to participate in the "Study"
for the @large ( I believe this is about the 4th such "Study"), were denied
that opportunity.  As such, it seems reasonable to me anyway, that any conclusions

in any report will be circumspect, if not completely suspicious.  This is of
course
unfortunate, and certainly not the best of situations.

Adam Peake wrote:

> Pindar, thanks for your note, but I don't think you owe an apology.  On the
> contrary, your presentation was extremely helpful.
>
> I am cc'ing the constituency list <ncdnhc-discuss@lyris.isoc.org> (your
> original mail seems to have failed to get through to the list.)
>
> I hope you and Denise will keep us informed of progress with the study.
>
> Thanks again for taking time to visit the constituency yesterday.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Adam
>
> At 18:13 01/03/10 +0800, you wrote:
> >Dear YJ and the Members of the NCDNHC,
> >
> >Please accept my apology for the appearance of barging into your NCDNHC
> >meeting this afternoon -- to present the current status of the At Large
> >Study Committee.
> >
> >We should have triple checked with the you and the rest of those in the
> >room to make sure that you were aware that we were coming to the meeting to
> >help with the outreach process and to inform all those interested in the
> >affairs of the At Large Study Committee.
> >
> >I was led to believe, and under the impression, that we were invited by the
> >NCDNHC to present at your meeting this afternoon, at the specified time.
> >
> >This would appear not to be the case.
> >
> >Rather, it was painfully obvious, for all to see, that we were neither
> >expected nor welcome to present in what, I understand, to be a fully packed
> >agenda.
> >
> >As you can well understand, I was most embarrasssed to both be cut short
> >during my presentation and to leave the impression that our presentation
> >was  "sprung" upon the audience.
> >
> >I'm trying to be sensitive to the concerns of all parties and this
> >afternoon's fiasco was most regrettable... as it is important that our
> >study is not coloured with pre-conceptions, agendas or misunderstandings.
> >
> >I must apologies for taking the valuable time from the full agenda of the
> >NCDNHC, and express my time for being able to take a few minutes to present
> >our report.
> >
> >It will not happen again.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Pindar
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827