[icann-eu] Re: Non-FAQs on Verisign agreements

Alejandro and all,

  Again after reading this URL, it seems that some of the more recent
information that the reference provided is grossly inaccurate...
For instance, whom, how, and what precisely will the $200m promised
by Verisign be used.  Chuck Gomes, gave SOME information on this
question on the DNSO GA list earlier today.  See:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc06/msg01188.html

Alejandro Pisanty - CUAED y FQ, UNAM wrote:

> Hi!
>
> many of you will be interested in reading the FAQs posted on significant
> aspects of the Verisign agreements, in:
> http://www.icann.org/melbourne/info-verisign-revisions.htm
> which is being updated and expanded frequently.
>
> They sure add some dimensions to the discussion here. As long as Milton is
> shepherding the document he has produced, and not the constituency itself,
> surely we have not incorporated all elements available. Our balance up to
> now seems to be a list of detailed objections and only a vague recognition
> that "yes, there are benefits, but we have decided they are not enough".
>
> The discussion in the General Assembly, which I am sure our AdCom has in
> its fiduciary responsibility to follow, has provided a number of elements
> not considered by the NCDNHC which may be worth looking at.
>
> Yours,
>
> Alejandro Pisanty
>
> .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
>      Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
> UNAM  -  Educacion Abierta y a Distancia
> Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
> Tel. (+52-5) 622-8713, 622-8633 Fax 550-8405
>
> http://www.cuaed.unam.mx
> ---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isocmex.org.mx, www.isoc.org
> =====>>> Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org
> ---->> Internet y Sociedad? www.istf.org
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827