Re: [icann-eu] Some notes on the ALSC's questions

This is all well and good - indeed very well and very good - but if we are
going to challenge the assumptions packed into these very unfortunate
(indeed almost prejudiced)  questions, let's go the whole route.  What
sort of outside inputs are appropriate to ICANN depends entirely on its
powers and jurisdiction.  The more that ICANN becomes an economic and
structural regulator of market participants, as it is currently doing with
the new gTLDs and the VeriSign contract, the more that it needs to be
subject to democratic accounatability.

On the other hand, were ICANN's mission to be restricted to a true
technical coordination mission, then far less of the sort of feedback you
describe would be necessary.

--
		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
                       -->It's warm here.<--