Re: [icann-eu] Re: HOWCANN YOU LOSE VERIFICATION 1.3 MIL?

Eric and all,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Mr. Williams,
>
> As a man I have gotten to know fairly well both by reputation and by personal
> acquaintance I am often set back by your posts.  You have a reputation for down home
> Texan bluntness and a frankness many find offensive.  But then you make a milktoast
> post like this and I wonder, if you did not spend to much time in diplomacy school.

  Yes my response (See below) was a bit wimpish (Milk toast, your term).  But
that was intentional on my part.  I was simply trying to indirectly inform Mike Roberts
and the ICANN BoD that their is a bit of cleanup that needs to be done with
respect to their financials.

  Diplomacy is a fine thing where appropriate.  However I didn't feel in this
instance that diplomacy was necessary of even advisable.  Hence my response.

> In diplomatic terms I simply created a fact based best case scenario for ICANN.  In
> reality I pointed out down right tax fraud.  The failure of our ex-boss to recognize
> that means he was duped by supposed professionals.  The only explanation is that he
> was too consumed with other activities to review the work of his subordinates.
> Whoever his staff was should be flogged and run on the yardarm for letting down their
> skipper.  I have to believe that Mr. Roberts is a victim in this circumstance as all
> members of ICANN and dot commoners are.

  I don't buy the "Victim of Circumstance" argument personally.  And I doubt
that a tax court would either.

> But o'boy whoa be to those who orchestrated this mess.  Last I checked the IRS was not
> really very nice.

  Well they are more subdued in the recent 2-3 years given their history of
behavior a few years back.