Re: [icann-eu] Re: [IPN] TACD resolution on the Hague Convention

Jeff,
thank you for passing this information from Jamie Love. (I do not know
why I subscribed to the ncdnhc-discuss list but never receive anything
from them).

Would it be not sensible that cross-border e-commerce complaints
could be addressed to a common e-commerce jurisdidiction (we have
one for war crimes) with representative courts in each country,  an
UDRP++  like procedure and an international database of the cases?
As for DNs this would not remove the cases from the national jurisdictions,
but would simplify the day to day life and augment the protection of the
consumers (would there be a choice of the panelist by the defendant,
and an appeal or control procedure). This could also be related to a
payment control and insurance services.  As long as it would be private
(a system like TeleCheck for example) I suppose it could be acceptable
to all?

Questions:

- is that a good approach we would like to dig into? Or may be I am
   stupid and do not know there are a lot of initiatives already?
- is there anythng preventing private interest or an international
   non-profit association to be set-up to provide such a service with
   a label on the seller site?
- should this be a new initiative or could that be a consumer
   extension of the ICC arbitration services?

Jefsey
france@large