[atlarge-discuss] icannatlarge.com and ALOC

This is with reference to Vittorio's post (provided below) as
well as posts by several members and panelists in the past
48 hours.

Provided below are my submissions:

The Interim Panel has a very important mandate. However,
it is necessary that panel members work towards furthering
that mandate, not expanding it! While one is certainly
disposed to positive relationships, one must not undermine
the very basis on which one was elected to a certain post.
I would urge the interim panel to be less distracted by
extraneous events and concentrate on accomplishing the tasks
set prior to its election.

Despite our best efforts, Denise Michel, will not disappear.
However, while we may, in Joop's words, agree to dance a fine
waltz with ICANN, we need not dance to its tunes.

We do not need to, nor are we required to, react to every
announcement made by ICANN appointees or SO reps.

It is one thing for the panel to decide that one person would
be nominated to represent the initiative as a liason (as Wolfgang
suggests). It is another thing for panelists to volunteer in their
personal capacity. It brings to mind the conduct of Ms.Dyson
in simultaneously purporting to lend support to divergent
efforts and implies a great degree of insecurity on the
part of these members.

There is very clearly, disagreement between people in
this effort on the attitude to be adopted towards ICANN,
its staff and their efforts. However, if we all agree to
disagree, can we get the fundamentals such as our bye-laws
worked out and then vote on critical issues thence?

The time for informal arrangements has passed. It is time now
to observe some rules. You can rest assured that disregard for
the rules set prior to this election, will result in a multiplicity of
at-large entities.

Very truly yours,

Vivek Durai,
India