Re: [atlarge-discuss] Membership Lists, Thomas Roessler, distance from ICANN

Jeff

I wasn't exactly taking a stance for you to agree with. I was asking for
advice. I don't know Thomas at all. My enquiry isn't personal (and several
people have spoken up for him). My concern is that our mailing-list should
be properly administered in a way that safeguards membership details. My
concern is also that we should completely distance ourselves from ICANN,
which I regard as corrupt.

My question was more along the lines of : what do people think of Thomas
Roessler and is he appropriate to (generously) do the work he does?

It's quite a tough question, because it could be misinterpreted as an
insult - but I assure my motives are honest. I just lack adequate
information about Thomas and his association with ICANN. At the same time I
have a responsibility to the people who elected our panel and to the
organisation. My enquiry has begun to be answered and I appreciate all
something of an "outsider" who has no loyalties or "past" and who should
therefore ask some hard questions.

What other hard questions should I be asking? Why haven't we begun defining
our bylaws and setting up our elections? Why are we still thinking in terms
of "fitting into ICANN"? When does (real) Outreach begin and should we aim
to have 10000 members by August?

Richard