Re: [atlarge-discuss] online voting

Nothing that requires voters to use encryption will be that easy for a
signficant number of potential at large members.  Jamie

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eray Ozkural" <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
To: "Stephen Waters" <swaters@amicus.com>
Cc: <hblair@hotfootmail.com>; "atlarge discuss list"
<atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>; <debian-vote@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] online voting

: On Wednesday 15 May 2002 18:17, Stephen Waters wrote:
: > For the voting process:
: > 1) The Project Secretary emails out a ballot
: > http://www.debian.org/vote/howto_vote
: >
: > 2) Each developer PGP signs the mail and sends it to the proper address
: > 3) Software tabulates the votes according to the Constitution
: > 4) Project Secretary certifies the results
:
: Yes. I think it also has the kind of cryptographic secrecy and openness
that
: would be useful for you. I'm sure the person(s) who have designed and
written
: the code will be of assistance.
:
: Regards,
:
: --
: Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
: Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara
: www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunction:
http://mp3.com/ariza
: GPG public key fingerprint: 360C 852F 88B0 A745 F31B  EA0F 7C07 AE16 874D
539C
:
:
: For additional commands, e-mail: atlarge-discuss-help@lists.fitug.de