Re: [atlarge-discuss] Members' rights

Joop and all stakeholders or interested parties,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 10:35 p.m. 28/05/2002 -0700, eric@hi-tek.com wrote:
> >Do you want to take that back or define "Way out of bounds".
> >
> >TRs standards or Joe Babtistas'?
>
> Good point. Especially the plural form: standards.

  IN the Jantra of the recent years of global discourse
on almost every other form of media, I am not sure there
is any hard and fast discourse standards that could
accurately apply.  Hence Joe Baptista's style and
type or language he sometimes uses seems not out
for the norm in this context...

> Example from the GA:

  The GA is a very bad example forum...

> Sotiris get a warning for taking a single swipe at two notorious list trolls.
> Then Joe Sims comes in and insults Michael Froomkin's  reputation.
> No warning...even though there was a complaint to ga-abuse.

  Joe SIms gets away with allot more than almost anyone else
in the GA except WXW and Kent Crispin...  I however did not
see that Joe's missive was all that bad and certainly not unexpected
towards Michael.  Sure Joe was off base, but most everyone on the
GA List recognized that...

> Sensitive people need only one such insult to be silenced for ever.
> It amounts to censorship-by-bullying.

  Well if a person is that sensitive, they need to get some guts
and thick skin...

> This is why so few East Asians post to these lists. They abhor  gratuitous
> confrontational behaviour.

  Well debate is often gratuitously confrontational. This has been
true long before the Internet was ever even a possibility
in my country and in East Asia as well... This Joop, is not a good
reason not to participate.  In fact it is a rather cowardly excuse.

> --Joop

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827