Re: [atlarge-discuss] T.R. had a coffee this morning.

Thomas and all stakeholders of interested parties,

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> Congratulations.  We now have a "what does Thomas Roessler do or
> think" thread across no less than three mailing lists, it seems.
> That's a really sensible use of everyone's time and bandwidth.  May
> I suggest that you focus on issues instead of people?

  You can of course suggest it.  But you still fail to recognize
that people propose, make, and determine issues and policies.
They also must either liver by those policies, and deal with those
issues, or not.  Hence you cannot separate completely issues from
people.

> To make this abundantly clear: I have some views on what tools are
> more (or less) appropriate for the GA (votes are not, open polls
> are; as far as substantial topics are concerned).  I have these
> views for a reason.  This reason does not apply to an at-large
> membership - the opposite is true: Votes _are_ an appropriate tool
> for an at-large membership organization.  But then again, I'm not
> going to stop you (in fact, how should I even do that?) from using
> open polls if you prefer that.  Thus, it seems like we are in
> "violent agreement" on the substance of what I said, as far as the
> at-large membership is concerned.
>
> On 2002-05-30 21:40:32 -0400, Micheal Sherrill wrote:
>
> >Thomas Roessler has just given us his personal goals.
>
> No.
>
> On 2002-05-31 01:23:53 -0400, Micheal Sherrill wrote:
>
> >We would all profit by thinking through what we want to say before
> >touching the keyboard.
>
> Yes, indeed.
>
> --
> Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827