[atlarge-discuss] The Seventh Member of the Panel

Help! Appeal for Jamie Love to resume his panel membership!

I believe Jamie Love's views, commitment, and attitudes represent a significant section of our membership - many of whom must regret his decision to resign. Since this panel has not as yet accepted Jamie's resignation, I want to join the calls of those asking Jamie to reconsider and see through his commitment to July 27th. After that, if Jamie wants to resign, he could do so with total honour and indeed may be joined by others. Jamie, I know you don't want to be associated with this panel very much, but I appeal to you to reconsider please.

It must have been obvious to you in Bucharest, that yours was something of a "wilderness" voice, but I believe you spoke with moral authority on your side... and right now moral authority is needed in the decision-making processes INSIDE the panel, not outside it. So I appeal to you to be big enough to see through one more month, during which vital votes and decisions may be taken, which may shape the direction of this Icann At Large initiative (hopefully outside and beyond the so-called Icann At Large initiative of Denise Michel, which I regard as discredited.

I honestly believe we need your voice, your vote, and your moral authority here in this panel.

What is the basis of your authority?

The indisputable right of millions of users all over the world to be democratically represented within the governance of the Internet and its functions. The right of users to have an effective alternative and critical voice. The right of the people of the world to have a controlling influence over the way THEIR resource is developed, administered, and run.

If you do not rescind your resignation, then the panel is obliged to invite YJ Park to take your place. I am not opposed to this, as I agree with many of YJ Park's stated principles, but at this present time I would prefer if our membership retained the panel it chose. By standing for election this spring, we were making a commitment to see this thing through (except in extremis), it was a commitment to decent people, and I appeal to you Jamie to help and keep your "wilderness" voice alive on the voting panel. Our membership gave you a mandate to complete.

In truth, yours is not a "wilderness" voice here at IcannatLarge.com :
it is only in the contrived, opaque and duplicitous atmosphere of ICANN
at Bucharest, that your voice is marginalised... but that is their little empire,
not yours or mine. There are many many people like you, Jamie, who
believe in a different way - of openness, and straightforward honesty, and
democratic representation for ordinary people.

We have an agenda that is separate to ICANN's, and must not get diverted
by their chicanery.

Please - with the greatest respect I hold you in - resume your representation
on this panel, Jamie, so we can vote on behalf of people who want exactlt
that : representation.

Otherwise, you isolate people like me, without even meaning to.

Kindest regards

Richard Henderson