Re: [atlarge-discuss] Vint Cerf Introduce Motion to Approve Blueprint

  Given that there will likely be no changes in the Blueprint  in any
aspect (they don't want to open this can of worms), at least they seem to
have found a way to fit an At-Large in under it through a resolution.  Our
goal now is to get a specific set of criteria that an ALAC would have to
meet, and then to meet those criteria - assuming that the creation of an
At-Large Advisory Committee goes through. It is now on the table awaiting
discussion (along with the other items below).

Esther Dyson

At 02:16 AM 6/28/2002, Alexander Svensson wrote:
>At 27.06.2002 22:55, Lawrence Solum wrote:
> >At approximately 11:00 a.m. Bucharest time, Vint Cerf has introduced a
> >resolution to approve the blueprint without any modifications.
>
>The wording is "adopt and endorse".
>The structure of the resolution, if I noted it correctly, is
>about like this:
>
>Whereas [Stuart Lynn's President's Report]
>Whereas [Board action, ERC process]
>Whereas [ERC outreach, consultation and analysis]
>Whereas [ERC input mechanisms, papers]
>Whereas [Blueprint publishing]
>Whereas [Blueprint contents]
>Whereas [Public participation]
>Whereas [Time for implementation]
>
>Therefore it is resolved
>-- [adopted and endorses Blueprint and broad]
>-- [that ERC oversees implementation and transition
>     with continued involvement of community;
>     schedule and implementation recommendation at
>     next teleconference meeting]
>-- [President to provide assistance and resources]
>-- [Board takes note of importance of following
>     issues and instructs ERC to take due account
>     of them in the implementation:
>     -- need to emphasize geographic and cultural
>        diversity
>     -- consider the creation of an ALAC
>     -- ensure that composition and operation of NomCom
>        in fact represents a balance
>     -- collaborate with critical infrastructure
>        providers and technical community to further
>        establishment of effective working relationships
>     -- ensure that policy development processes enhance
>        and promote bottom-up policy development process]
>-- [strengthen opportunities of ICANN's capacity to
>     fulfill mission]
>-- [takes note of ongoing community involvement]
>
>However, the discussion is currently going on.
>Best regards,
>/// Alexander

Esther Dyson                    Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
writer, Release 3.0 (on Website below)
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800    --   fax  1 (212) 924-0240
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com

The conversation continues..... at
http://www.edventure.com/conversation/