RE: [atlarge-discuss] What are we?

Eric wrote:

>I am sorry but I just do not understand number 3 of Vittorio's
>suggestion.
>Does it limit our participation to only ICANN matters?

In my opinion, No!  Within the scope of dealing with ICANN -- if our
membership chooses to deal with them at all! -- we will have to interact
with them in a fashion they stipulate, as long as it doesn't violate our
charter.  But "jumping through ICANN hoops" to deal with them should in no
way be viewed as limiting in any fashion our self-organizing efforts, or
rule out our forming relationships with any other groups or bodies our
membership so approves.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
Bruce@barelyadequate.info