Re: [atlarge-discuss] Watchdogs - update

Joanna and all stakeholders or interested parties,

   First:
  Where is this "Watchdogs List"?  Does it exist?  Where is it documented?

  Second:
Have others that have volunteered been added to this yet
to be documented or known location,  "Watchdogs List"?
These members would include but not limited to:
Myself
Bruce Young
Eric Dierker

Joanna Lane wrote:

> In the interests of transparency and for those interested in the
> minutiae of the Election process...;-)
>
> > Please note that Gabriel Pineiro has been added to the Watchdogs
> > email circulation list, in the capacity of Spanish translator of
> > Election documents. We appreciate his assistance, also Alexander Svennsson
> has kindly volunteered to provide German translation.
> >
> > Also, please note that some 800 members casting 11 votes can be
> > expected to result in a return of more than 8,000 VOTES to be
> > checked by Watchdogs, in some cases manually. In previous DNSO
> > Votes, members have been allowed to change their Vote during the
> > election, with earlier Ballots discarded in favor of the last
> > sent, requiring elimination of duplicate ballots from the count.
> > This adds an unnecessary burden to the Secretariat and Watchdogs and is
> open to errors.
> >
> > Since, on this occasion, we will be providing a value added
> > service of multi-lingual translation of election documents for
> > the *first time ever*, hopefully, a higher than normal turn-out
> > can be anticipated. In return, it seems reasonable to restrict
> > voters to returning only one ballot paper each, the logic being
> > that it is better to have a large number of people voting once
> > each, than fewer people voting multiple times. I hope you agree...;-)
> >
> > Receipt of each ballot paper is acknowledged by the Secretariat
> > in any event, again a manual process that we do not need to
> > duplicate unnecessarily.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Joanna

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827