Re: [atlarge-discuss] (fwd) Urgent input needed for ERC on At-Large ***please respond by Monday morning***

My comments

----- Original Message -----
From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@vitaminic.net>
To: <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de>
<denisemichel@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Spcifically, the ERC has asked for our ideas on how
>to structure an At-Large Advisory Committee

The participating groups should verify their memberships, and then the
At-Large Advisory Committee should be structured as follows:

It should consist of a specified number of elected members.

Those elected members should elect their own chair/leader.

Denise Michel should be invited to participate as a non-voting observer, and
liaison with her ICANN funders.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Alternatively, the participating groups should agree to recognise the
scale/numbers of their respective memberships.

They should then negotiate (without intervention from Denise Michel) how
many delegates should be elected to the Committee from each participating
group.

Those delegates should elect their own chair/leader.

The decisions of the Committee would be based on votes, and would represent
the prevalent view of the Committee.

Denise Michel should be invited to participate as a non-voting observer, and
liaison with her ICANN funders.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

There is no integrity in participating in this so-called Committee, unless
it is structured in this way, so as to be a true and accountable voice of
the various parts of the At-Large community. Each delegate would be
accountable to its own organisation and could be removed by it.

I hope our membership agrees with these principles for organising, so that
the At-Large Advisory Committee belongs to its members and speaks for its
members, rather than being subordinated to an ICANN agenda.

Please be insistent on this, Vittorio.

Thank you

Richard Henderson