Re: [atlarge-discuss] Membership Dues

At 11:25 a.m. 20/07/2002 -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>It costs money to participate in ICANN.

Quite so.
The way ICANN operates, this cost has become an attrition-factor that
limits  participation to those who are on expense accounts.

As an example, I am out-of-pocket for thousands of dollars just for travel
expenses  for the six meetings that I have participated in.
This is a big element in participants' burn-out.

>I support a much higher barrier -- real cash.

Cash contributions are a necessity, but should not act as a barrier to
participation.
Not in the non-commercial DN holders' constituency and not for icannatlarge.

I would support a beneficiary membership status that can be maintained via
a public record of a request for exemption from payment of contributions.

--Joop