Re: [atlarge-discuss] Call for New Webmaster

Eric and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

eric@hi-tek.com wrote:

> We have taken it a few steps further but have been rebuffed by Joop over
>  Cold Fusion hosting for the Polling Booth.  Whatever?

  As I have in the past (IDNO ) understood Joop on the "Polling Booth", he
owns the code for that, and would be willing to offer a usage license
for a price of course..  Nothing free on the Net you know!  >:)

> He also suggested we just run our own.

  And this is a good suggestion.  There are many good voting mechanisms
and systems available.

> I do not know what is going on there but he is clearly not desirous of giving
> up control of the website.

  I agree.  But have you red Bret's recent post on this?  If not perhaps
you should of should have.  As Bret has advised, he has the Keys
to the Web site...

> We have the time and will lend the effort and contribute the mechanics but we
> will not waste time in the politics.

  Good point and good idea.  If another Web site is needed I have one
that I can donate.  Let me know...

> Joop either give it up unconditionaly or quit faking it.  You either give it up
> or keep it and stop billing for it.he

  Joop seems to have over billed to be sure.  But that is that as they say.
However as long as he is still the registrant, than effectively owns the
Domain Name.  Do  you have a specific method by which Joop
can transfer the Domain Name Eric?  If so, please present it
to us all...  Sniping on this has gone far enough, frankly...

> Eric
>
> Bruce Young wrote:
>
> > Eric wrote:
> >
> > >Last night we discussed the possibility of some of them doing the web
> > master
> > >work as they wait for full time employment.  If this would meet with group
> > >approval, I would take it to the next level.
> >
> > This is a really good idea on several levels.  Thanks for the offer Eric!
> > I recommend we take him up on this!
> >
> > Bruce Young
> > Portland, Oregon USA
> > bruce@barelyadequate.info
> > http://www.barelyadequate.info

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827