[atlarge-discuss] 003 [atlarge-discuss] Point of information re list moderator...

Hello Joe,
Nice to meet you. This list is not moderated in any censorial sense. Thomas
Roessler, Chair of the DNSO GA, is owner of the list, so I cannot comment on
lag time, but there are a number of possible reasons. On the Panel List,
there is a thread 003 Working Groups/ Motion for committees, where we have
started to list possible working groups in which members can get together
and thrash out solutions to problems. One of these is tentatively titled:
WG-WEB, encompassing website management and mailing lists. It's early days,
so I anticipate it will take about a week or so  for the Panel to discuss
and agree details. Input from the membership is of course welcome at any
time, and I look forward to you joining that group when it is set up in due
course.

On a matter of housekeeping. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the
comments on a particular topic and when people keep changing the subject
line ( a natural habit), it's that much harder, so a lot of my time is spent
filing things into folders. Selfishly, I have started to use a numbering
system, 001, 002, 003 etc. which means I can use filters to pull all the
comments on a topic into one folder, and better keep track of who said what
and when. (Notice how I surreptitiously slipped it in above without anybody
noticing...:-)

Of course, human nature being what it is, I don't expect others to use the
same conventions, but I am much obliged to anybody who doesn't at least
remove it where it appears..:-)

Regards,
Joanna