Re: [atlarge-discuss] Point of information re list moderator...

On Thu, 08 Aug 2002 17:50:10 -0400, you wrote:

>Point of information:
>
>It has been brought to my conscious awareness that his list is moderated
>and gate-kept. In recent days lag times in my posts reaching the list have
>been substantial.
>
>What is the need for a moderator-gatekeeper?

AFAIK, the list is closed to non-subscribers to prevent spam from
getting to it. I and Thomas (which, I think, should asap become
"Joanna and Thomas") receive messages from non-subscribers for
approval, and we approve them unless they're spam. However, if you
send messages to the list using the same address you've subscribed
with to it, then they are automatically approved.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------