Re: [atlarge-discuss] Auerbach rocks

Joey

I apologise. I was being ironical and that's always risky because it can be
misunderstood and taken literally... I meant the exact opposite. I'm sorry I
caused you confusion.

You wrote:

>It troubles me that Richard Henderson
>[http://www.fitug.de/atlarge-discuss/0208/msg00746.html ] responded to
>David's post with: "Yes but [!!!!!!] if you were working for Worldcom,
>wouldn't it be better to stay in, not protest too much, and try to
>'influence' them to change their ways? Surely they'd listen to reason..."

I was trying to say that "staying in and not criticising the establishment /
just saving your own skin" was EXACTLY what went wrong with Worldcom, and so
often goes wrong in large organisations... no-one dares to speak up...

I was trying to imply that ICANN WANTS us to stay in and "be reasonable"
(according to their own terms of reference), whereas we should stay out and
protest at what they are doing - until our reasonable demands are
acknowledged. I am opposed to trying to just "influence" them, because
that's the delaying tactics they want, and they just soak it all up in one
Committee after another.

Joey, I assure you, I was not writing literally!

But I apologise for creating confusion.

Richard