[atlarge-discuss] ICANN's ERC 2nd Interim Implementation Report

http://www.icann.org/committees/evol-reform/second-implementation-report-02s
ep02.htm

NO AT LARGE VOTES

"....we recommend that an At Large Advisory Committee be created; if that
recommendation is accepted, we believe that it, like the other ICANN
Advisory Committees, should also provide a non-voting liaison to the Board.
"

NO AT LARGE PLACES ON THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE

".....the five ALAC delegate positions could replace the four unaffiliated
public interest persons and the individual domain name holder delegate
positions included in the Blueprint list (since there is at present no
existing individual domain name holder constituency; if and when such is
recognized, this could be re-evaluated). We also recognize, however, that
there is a considerable distance between drafting on paper and becoming
truly functional, and it is unrealistic to expect an ALAC, even if launched
in Shanghai, to become immediately effective. Thus, we invite the ALAC
Assistance Group or other members of the community to propose how some or
all of these delegates could be selected until such time as the ALAC is
operational and has shown that it can function effectively.

Regards,
Joanna