RE: [atlarge-discuss] RE: [atlarge-panel] Re: [atlarge-discuss] let keep cool, organized and simple

Bruce (et al) [comment below]:

At 10:28 PM 9/1/2002 -0700, Bruce Young wrote:

>Judith Oppenheimer wrote:
>
>> Why does it remind me of Stuart Lynn's "go forth and multiply"?
>
>The primary difference between Jefsey's idea and Stuart Lynn's idea is the
>focus.  Lynn sees a large number of small, unconnected, powerless groups
>reporting back to his infrastructure, which then ignores their inputs and
>does as it pleases.  Jefsey sees a multiplicity of local, regional and
>national groups driving the direction of the global group.  Stuart wants to
>be the tail that wags the dog.  Jefsey wants us to be the tail the dog wags!

No, I want us to be the dog that sits on the tail that wags, and occasionally bites the tail as it wags!

/s/ Joey

Tuesday, September 03, 2002 * 11:33 AM EDT USA

>Bruce Young
>Portland, Oregon
>Bruce@barelyadequate.info
>http://www.barelyadequate.info

----------
"Self-pity ..."

----------
**Star*walker** Favorite Moment Quote
 From Episode 106 of Showtime's Queer As Folk (USA)
01/21/2001
written by Jonathan Tolins

----------
Scene: Michael and Brian, inside a comic book store. Michael is talking about his date of the evening before, with his chiropractor.

Michael:  I totally blew it!
Brian:  Don’t worry. There's still plenty of creepy old men out there who'd love to get in your pants.
Michael:  He wasn't that old! He wasn't creepy, he was nice. First doctor.
Brian:  Chiropractor.
Michael: That counts!... I think.
  [Brief interruption...]
Michael:  He takes me to this really nice restaurant. I behaved like a fucking idiot. Dressed up like some slick asshole.
Brian:  Hey, that was my twelve-hundred dollar leather jacket.
Michael:  It wasn't me.... You know why?!  B'cause I'm nobody. That's my problem. [Brian is distractedly cruising the store sales-boy.] Are you even listening to me?!
Brian:  I tune out self-pity. It makes my dick soft. And we wouldn't want that! .... would we?!

Queer As Folk (USA)  http://queer.SHO.com

mailto:starwalker@gay.com