[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] Vote for Name must happen NOW

On Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:55:01 -0400, you wrote:

>1) icannatlarge.com does not meet the criteria agreed by the Panel, being a
>.com name excluded by the .COM Resolution passed by the Panel)

I would keep it, though, as first of all we should be sure that members
agree that we should change our name. I don't think that the meaning of the
resolution passed by the panel was "we want to force on the members our idea
that we should change name" - I think it was rather "if we have to select a
new name, better take it in .org". So (given also that some members
requested to keep it) I would make an exception to keep icannatlarge.com on
the ballot. In fact, while I don't like having a .com name, I shared many of
Hans's original objections to changing our name in this moment, so I still
haven't made up my final mind.

>2) Additional information that is pertinent to the choice of name, including
>what, if any, defensive registrations may be available, ought to be included
>on the ballot. For example, InternetAtLarge is available as .org, .com,
>.net. WorldAtlarge is available as .org only. atlarge is available as .org
>only and so on.

Agreed. And agreed that votes should be public in some way. Especially,
agree with Richard that we should have the vote as soon as possible and then
move on :-)
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
--------> http://bertola.eu.org/ - Archivio FAQ e molto altro... <--------