Re: [atlarge-discuss] at-large representativeness

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 12:42, espresso@e-scape.net wrote:

> Though I deplore ICANN's methods in general, I am not sure why anyone
in the developed world could not afford a domain name. My own costs me
about $15 Canadian which is equal to something less than $10 U.S. these
days.

<snip>

thanks for the info. I do have a dynamic dns service with a subdomain
which is free, but I apparently had the wrong impression that the world
was still on the $75/$35 plan for 2LD domain names. ah well.

That said, it just seems silly that when you sign up for broadband,
there's not a checkbox for "yes, i want my own domain for $5. here are
my top 3 selections, X, Y, and Z."

silliness #2 is: why shouldn't I be able to have a personal TLD?

-s