[atlarge-discuss] domain and hosting

All,

Much has been made about my request for su/root access to
the hosting server were I to become webmaster for this
organization.  Let me spell out the reasons in a little
more detail for those who are unfamiliar with the
technical issues:

The CMS (Post-Nuke or any other) requires root access as
I'm not about to spend an entire day ftping and chmoding
files and directories to set it up.  Same with
PHPmyAdmin.  MLM software also requires root access to set
up.  Plus there are a whole
host of other services that require root access i.e. a
streaming server software in the event that we want to
broadcast a live web stream at some point in the future or
God knows what else.  Not to mention that we may need to
set up .htaccess for some files/directories etc.
Furthermore, the truth is that most hosts will not install
any apps one requires, and I am most especially concerned
about a host that does not have a web site like the
current icannatlarge.com hosting service at
http://www.host4u.net/  I don't trust that host because I
don't have the details of Joop's arrangement(s) with them.

I hope this makes things clearer.

Sotiris