Re: [atlarge-discuss] Community & Registrar Input on Transfers

Danny and all stakeholders or other interested parties ane members,

  I wonder if this is a wise or useful exercise.
Why?  Well if you read as you suggested Danny,
http://www.icann.org/legal/briefing-on-implementation-20oct02.htm
you will see that the following excerpts could cause this fledgling
orgnization some creditibility problems at this juncture:
"In the consensus-policy provisions of ICANN's existing agreements,
registrars and registry operators    have agreed to implement policies
developed after those agreements are signed only when:

        1. The policies are on a topic that is contractually defined as being
appropriate for
        establishment by ICANN;

        2. The policies are established based on a consensus among Internet
stakeholders
        represented in the ICANN process; and

        3. The registrar or registry operator has reasonable protections in its
            business from the effects of having to implement the policy, such
            as a reasonable time to implement the policy and a reasonable
            opportunity to pass on any costs of implementing the policy to its
             customers. "

  As #'s 1 and 2 here would seem to be potential show stoppers as
we are decidedly not considered "among Internet stakeholders
represented in the ICANN process as #2 outlines, such a potential
proposal that you are suggesting can just as easily after the fact be
ignored on these grounds alone.  You can count on Marilyn Cade
to make that point quite clear at the appropriate time.  Timing
is sometimes everything as you well know Danny...

  Now if you at this time, know of some way around this very strong
disencentive, unfair as it may be, than I would love to hear/read of it?