Micheal Sherrill

From: espresso@e-scape.net
Date:  Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:00:36 -0500

At 13:30 +0100 2002/11/05, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:
>I remind you that the end of the nomination period by our
common agreement
>is in a few hours, at 00:00 GMT tonight. jfc

Hmmmm. Was there indeed a "common agreement" on this? I
really didn't see one and am beginning to wonder whether I'm
getting all the messages, though I clearly do get yours about this,
Jefsey.

Your message of yesterday (Nov. 4th) said:
>As per my commitment I will now act as a polling secretary for the
election
>of the Chair of this Panel. From GMT 00:00 today until Thursday
GMT 00.00 I
>will register the nominations. The seconding will be registered
the two
>following days and the votes the two days after, so we will know
the new
>Chair replacing Joanna Lane on Monday GMT 00:00.

It's only Tuesday today, which would lead me to believe there is
another day in which people might send in their nominations.

Also, I am somewhat concerned about the process for this. Was
an official "call for nominations" message sent to all members? I
only got the message which came through the list, and I have no
doubt a number of registered members are not subscribed to it
due to the bandwidth it consumes.

Anyway, if I have no choice but to recognize that this group may or
may not ever conduct such things properly, I would like to
nominate Michael Geist for the position of Chair if he would care to
accept and help keep us straight on procedure and timetables.

Regards,

Judyth Mermelstein