Re: [atlarge-discuss] privatiz[e]

I think the real problem is that this *isn't* genuine privatization.
Real privatization includes the notion of competition. ICANN is a U.S.
government-sponsored Internet monopoly and thus competition is anathema
to it...

Real global competition can only be entrusted to a global entity.
The state of California does not constitute a global entity.
Global [name|proto|addr]spaces should be managed by global entities.

Cheers,
-s