From:    walts@worldnet.att.net
To:      Atlarge Discuss List <atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de> (Atlarge Discuss List)
Cc:      walts@dorsai.org (Walter Schmidt)
Subject: [atlarge-discuss] New PROPOSAL
Date:    Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:19:36 +0000

On 01/11/2003 it was written:
 > Even more important, in my opinion, is to urgently hear the voice and
opinions of our membership through a ballot/poll.

I disagree - we already know what we need to do. We need to run two or
more "tracks" at the same time. This will allow the "Chevys" and the "Fords"
in our 1,000+ membership to all work towards the goals they feel are necessary
for success, regardless of the goals' individual differences.

Further, polls/votes need both their "questions" and their "interpretations"
to be "properly" done. Look at what happen with our Name-Vote - ICANN "won."
Yet no one "listened" to the actual raw vote wherein over 57% of those voting
did NOT want a name with ICANN in it...

How long are we going to ignore the fact that we have the unique opportunity
to NOT do as ICANN has done - by our actions maintain a monopolistic point of
view...while telling the world they represent "all" people...

--
 - REgards, walts - sent from walts@att.net - not walts@dorsai.org
 - which is having outgoing email problems - incomming is okay