Micheal Sherrill

From: Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@hermesnetwork.com>
Date:  Wed, 15 Jan 2003 00:49:15 -0500

At 07:08 AM 1/14/2003 -0800, Jan Siren wrote:
>espresso@e-scape.net wrote:

><snip>
>I don't understand an "online Special General Meeting."  Do you mean
>something like a chat room?  (Can't stand 'em, myself.)  I prefer Robert's
>Rules of Order.

There are some interesting possibilities that can be explored wherein
Robert's Rules may be enforced and still allow for meaningful face-to-face
(or voice to voice) interaction (i.e. the creation of a multicast
network).  I'm not half the techie some of the people on these lists are
and even I could toss around practicable solutions.  I, for one, would like
to broadcast (live) the goings-on at the ICANN meeting in Montreal this
coming summer.  I am going to try and do it using a streaming server
software that I've been testing.  It looks quite promising.  I will require
help though (like MONEY to buy bandwidth or free bandwidth) and a decent
connection which may end up running a few bucks.  If any of you are
interested in "helping", I would love to hear from you.  I'm sure more than
a few of you would like to have the next ICANN meeting broadcast available
to the public.  Question is, will you pony up the dough?  People pay
exorbitant fees to watch closed circuit wrestling extravaganzas.  If you
ask me, this could end up being a bargain in comparison.  But, that all
depends on YOU!

> > I'll leave it up to the Panel to develop a suitable set of
> > unbiased questions to determine what the members really want,
> > and I hope they will consider taking responsibility for
> > ensuring that all members who wish to will have the means
> > and opportunity to vote, not just those who can get to Joop's
> > Polling Booth within a few days so the votes can be counted
> > quickly. I think we need to remember not everyone can vote
> > via a Web site and not everyone reads all their atlarge mail
> > every day and can react to it quickly without time for
> > reflection.
> >
>My thinking as well; I can only hope that the Panel moves forward in this
>direction without further procrastination.

Amen to that one Ladies.

Sotiris Sotiropoulos