Re: [atlarge-discuss] RE: [atlarge-panel] Re: [atlarge-discuss] WE HAD A DREAM, WE HAVE A PROBLEM

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:21:42 -0000, you wrote:

>Vittorio,
>
>Can you please explain me, why on earth you want to send the data to
>Judyth and Jan and not to Bruce and Jefsey, the latter two being
>remnants of the panel?

Because they are going to act as watchdogs for the next elections, and
so they will not be candidates and they are not seeking power inside
the organization.

It seems to me that there is a consistent part of our membership which
is not recognizing the authority of the panel any more - and while I
still can't see no valid reason why a self-called part of the
membership should overcome the elected panel, it is also true that the
panel was never meant to see 8 members on 11 resign and yet continue
working.

So we need elections to re-establish who is legitimate to decide
anything about this organization (including incorporation or who gets
the members' emails) and my target is to get such elections happening
as soon as possible, without breaking the organization in two, as it
would possibly happen if I gave the membership list either to Jefsey
or to Joop.

I know that anything I may do now is necessarily quite controversial
due to the lack of rules.

If anyone has objections about the choice of Judyth and Jan as
watchdogs, it's fine and let's discuss, but I think that giving such
fundamental data to the watchdogs for the next election, rather than
to any part which wants to win control of the organization at the next
elections, is the best thing to do for the organization's sake.
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---