RE: [atlarge-discuss] Panel, elections and over-delaying maneuvers 2

Assuming common sense one day will win, and Jan and Judyth will give the
list to Bruce and Jefsey and perhaps even Eric, I have asked some
members of my team to go ahead and plan to write a perl script for
anonymized elections.

Criteria for that script:

Mail send including randomized number
Number to be stored
Reply to be checked against number, single entry.
Count votes
Make totals after set time limit.

I am sure there are some more ingredients that will come up, or perhaps
someone wishes to bring them in now.
Estimated time to first test run = 1 week, script should be ready for
approval within 2 weeks max.

I am prepared to give 5 people access to the script, sendmail etc to
make sure that no capture software runs, anonymizing is done pursuant to
target, checks are sufficient to make sure there is no fraudulent
emails, etc.

I repeat that I will reserve the right to not give root access to
everyone, for very clear and simple reasons.

One watchdog will have root during the entire process to make sure that
nothing will be changed on any part of the mechanism, either in the
script, client-handling, or sendmail.

A singular user will be setup to send and receive the mail, they will
then be copied to the watchdogs, who again only have a list of generated
numbers and no names, but who can check those numbers against the
received answers.

Input remains welcome till script is finished.

I propose that in the meanwhile we use the "old" rules for the vote, and
that people start proposing candidates.

I also propose to give the thus chosen panel a 3 or 6 month mandate to:

A. prepare for incorporation
B. prepare articles
C. prepare workgroups
D. prepare next elections.

During the vote for the next panel, articles and such can be voted upon
in one go.

I kindly as Bruce and Jefsey and Eric to start all this.

Kind regards

Abel