[atlarge-discuss] Poll-watcher's Summary

This is a summary of the results of Joop Teernstra's poll on the structure of
icannatlarge, conducted on his Polling Booth ( http://www.pollingbooth.info
).  It is a summary only, because I do not report the individual votes (I do
not have access to that information) but just the results totaled for each
question; and because I report only the number of comments accompanying each
question, not the comments themselves.  Including the latter would render
this report too long, and slow my completion of it unacceptably.  The
comments are interesting and do add value over and above the simple numeric
reults.  (In particular, the question on whether the Polling Booth should
show the results of the poll during the voting process received the largest
number of comments; and because the Polling Booth was set up as an example of
the affirmative model, the accumulating file of commentaries, available to
each voter in turn, showed a progressive maturation and sophistication
through the course of the voting.)  I urge those persons concerned about the

The first part of this report is the voting summary.  The second and final
part is the list of those e-mail addresses, no longer valid, to which the
poll announcement had been sent but from which nothing was received but an
automatically-generated invalid address message (a "bounce").

---------------------------------------
Voting Summary
---------------------------------------

For each question below, I list in order the question (sometimes
paraphrased), the number of responses, the vote count for
each alternative, and finally the number of comments.

Do-All Panel or Division of Power?  (99)
        Do-All Panel 35, Division of Power 64, comments 13

Web Site Panel Size (74)
        Eleven 18, Three 14, Five 27, Seven 12, Nine 3, comments 7

Electing a Polling Commission (70)
        No 8, Something else 8, Yes 54, comments 10

Electing a Membership Committee (65)
        No 13, Something else 5, Yes 47, comments 8

Electing an Executive (84)
        I want something else 9, No 13, Yes 62, comments 13

Independence of Polling Commission (75)
        Membership Committee Only 25, No 33, Other 2, Yes 15, comments 6

Preferred Jurisdiction for Incorporation (86)
        Canada 22, France 13, New Zealand 13, Tonga 10, US 28, comments 13

Succession Rules (79)
        By-election 37, Shift-up 14, Temporary shift-up 28, comments 5

Website Panel and Webmaster (77)
        Approve 65, Do not approve 6, Want other rules 6, comments 14

Quorum Rules (70)
        100% 7, 80% 22, 75% 27, 60% 14, comments 9

Must Elected Officers Participate in Votes? (67)
        No 6, No but s/he can be voted out 9, Yes after two failures 32,
        Yes but it needs 3 failures 20, comments 10

Your preferred way to be polled (98)
        Email only based 21, Web based with Email notice 77, comments 14

Election priorities (56)
	Membership committee 19, Other 5, Polling commission 16, Website
	panel 16, comments 7

Terms of Panel and Committees (73)
	Less than six months 1, Longer than 12 months 17, Six months 6,
	Twelve months 49, comments 10

Vote Counting Method	(71)
	FPP 26, Other 9, STV 36, comments 14

A Two Months Bootstrap Board (65)
	No 14, Other 3, Yes 48, comments 9

Actual Election Method (69)
	Ask Elisabeth Porteneuve 13, Jefsey Morfin 3, This Booth 51, Vittorio
	2, comments 8

Escrow for the Membership List (68)
	Let me Define Safekeeping 9, No 11, Yes 48, comments 12

Should the Booth Show Results During the Voting? (149)
	My preference would depend on the topic 18, Show results after the
	vote closes 81, Show results during the vote 50, comments 17

Polling announcement non-delivery addresses:

Note: I was a CC recipient of the "bounce" notices.  I have not personally
attempted to send any items to the addresses listed below.

jmeyer@fh-potsdam.de
migitaka@aandi.co.jp
cplp@norm.nmailer.com
andy@new.net