Re: [atlarge-discuss] Sunrise for IDNs?

Danny and all fellow members,

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> You have indicated that there are << Other existing and rapidly growing
> non-ICANN
>  IDN registries in asia especially>> that <<are not overly interested in
> ICANN's
>  view on IDN's >>
>
> Can you identify these non-ICANN IDN registries in Asia?

  Yes I could, but will not do so here as my E-Mail client is not
set for Chinese, Korean, or other asian languages presently.
However, if you recall Karl outlined some of these on the DNSO
GA forum list a few weeks ago with respect to Taiwan.
You can seek part of your answer there in the DNSO GA
Archives at:http://www.dnso.org/archives.html .  In addition
the DNSO Registrars forum list has additional pointer that
would be of interest to you as well, see:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc02/

> Can you provide links to statements that would bolster your assertion that
> they are not overly interested in ICANN's view on IDNs?

  Again, bolstering my statement has already been done on a number
of occasions sense 2001.  Many of those statements to which you seek
are available to you from a number of E-Mail list forums two or which
I listed above Danny.  I believe that you are on the DNSO GA
form, so you should be aware of those unless you have forgotten or
cannot recall.  The DNSO GA forum  archives again is at:
http://www.dnso.org/archives.html  Let you fingers do the walking
and I am sure you can avail for yourself, those statements of which you
seem to be seeking here...