[atlarge-discuss] Alternative posting method for candidates statements

Jan Siren wrote:

| Bruce, you are missing an important point here.  All along,
| my interest in
| the at-large movement has been driven by the goal of democratizing
| Internet governance: devolving decisions that importantly affect the
| Internet to the *users,* some of whom have Web addresses and
| Web sites,
| but the majority of whom, including myself, do not.

I don't disagree.  I share the same interest.  If you check out the Intro
page on my Web Site, you'll see that, other than as a Internet user, I have
no direct professional involvement in the workings of the Internet.  My sole
concern is ensuring that, when my grandchilderen are adults and depend on
the Internet for so much of their lives, that it will be run in part for
their benefit, rather than exclusively for those who profit from its
operation.  And I have contnued to advocate for everyone, particularly
those, like Eric's shoeshine boys, who have no personal resources of their
own, and who need our processes to work for them as well.

However, for *this* election, we were working off a short suspense, with
only a few people to make it work, and expediencey seemed to be the order of
the day.  So the idea was to implement the KISS principle.

However, based on the feedback I'm getting, that doesn't seen to be working
out, so . . .

I'm going to post a separate simple page on the site with all the
candidate's statements.  That way people can e-mail me their statement
and/or picture and I'll post them.  It won't be pretty, but it will be
readable.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info