[atlarge-discuss] Panel Committee: election organization

This message was sent from a wrong mailbox. I send it again. Apologies.

Dear Polling Committee Members,
I come back to my office. I see you both posted in the meanwhile but not responded the vote I called on the current organization of this election. I therefore understand you stand by your previous positions, supporting the general lines I outlined.

We will therefore proceed in that spirit.

Nominations until May 8 00: GMT
1. we will accept the nominations by icannatalarge;com and to be fully open to everyone we will accept nominations on this list until Thursday May 8 00:00 GMT in conditions we voted (nominated twice or nominated and seconded). Candidates and already polled nominees will be informed today.

Every nominee has been endorsed
2. as I earlier did with other nominations the PC received privately or on the list from Joop, I second every nomination from icannatlarge.com nominated by Joop. The list is attached. They will receive their announcement mail to day.

Acceptation until May 15:00 GMT
3. accepted nominees will be able to accept their nomination until Thursday May 15 00.00. The same applies for the propositions of questions on the ballot.

Vote Starts on May 17 00:00 and will last 10 days
4. the ballots will be sent and the vote open on Saturday May 17th 00:00 GMT. It will close on Tuesday May 27th 00:00 in the way we voted, published and tested through acceptance process.

Requested help
5. We call for someone (DPF or any other to edit the ballot) This will be on May 15/16.

Personal comments

I hope this meets everyone agreement. It respects what we voted. It respects the legitimate interests of the icannatlarge.com nominees. It respects the request of two nominees for delays. It gives time to vote and will permit to have a well documented ballot with questions concerning our future and our orientation.

This may lead to an election where we have less candidates than positions. We agreed that it was a way for our Membership to democratically decide and that we have not the power to change that. It will be to the elected Panelist who will know their support and the desire of the community to decide. If this happen I propose that we add in the ballot a question on what they should do.

Situation today.

This nomination process currently concerns 107 Members. No other organization in the Internet governance can probably reach such a figure. This may explain why we need some cooperation from everyone :-). Thank you for that: we are here and we are to stay and to be lissen.

1. Candidates having accepted (7)

Asaad Alnajjar
Thierry Amoussougbo
Hugh Blair
James Khan
Pierre Ouedraogo
Jonathan Robin
Sotiris Sotiropoulos

2. Possible candidate: decision pending (2)

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch
Abel Wisman

3. Nominees being sent their annoucement today (38)

Dr. Samer Barakat
Peter Demma
Kristen Doyle
Stephen Edgar