From: atlarge@execlub.org
To: roessler@does-not-exist.org
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:13:11 +0100
Subject: @LARGE ELECTION: candidates and nominees information

this a private e-mail for Thomas Roessler.
----- icannatlarge.org -----

Dear @large Candidates and Nominees,
We send this mail to you because you have been nominated and seconded for the election of "icannatlarge.org" Panel members, and also because you have accepted to be a candidate or have not yet declined this proposal.

We would like to inform you that the list of the nominations and candidacies may be consulted at http://execlub.org/atlarge.htm. It is maintained on a daily basis.

1. Dear Candidates

If you have not yet provided your URL, please send it asap. There are some debates going on through the mailing list, including questions asked to the candidates. In the best common interest we thank you to come on the list in spite of the noise ratio maintained by some ICANN oriented disrupters. Members would certainly be interested in knowing your positions on subjects including (but not limited to) :

- ICANN, ITU, GAC - should we keep "ICANN" in our name?
- ALAC : should we participate?
- @large type of organization : centralized, federal, confederate
- role of the Panel, organization of the mailing lists, votes and debates, financing
- ccTLDs, Registries, Registrars, community SLDs
- the deployment of IDNA, IPv6
- WhoIs and the protection of private information
- the increasing use of the DNS for commercial and political intelligence and actions

2. Dear seconded Nominees

>From the list of nominees one sees three priorities: to nominate the largest number of active @large, to have the Forum participants represented and new blood and new countries entering the Panel.

This permits every class of @large to have candidates, which may dismay the ICANNers who hoped to keep a grip on our action, or to see the end of it. This shows our ability to represent the whole Global Internet Community and to develop a vast outreach plan. The responses of the nominees also show the high level of our Membership: dedication, professionalism, responsibilities, competence.  Very impressive.  Thank you all!

So, please answer even if you decline the proposal: this shows ICANN and other members how serious we are as a community about defending the users' rights and the network innovation.

3. Dear Nominees who declined nomination

Many have proposed to help: you can now be a watchdog. You will receive a copy of all the Voters ID. The whole file of the anonymous votes will be released after the vote. This list will permit you to check that no faked ballot was counted and also that no ballot was removed. You will participate to the vote on litigious cases. The Polling Committee Members act as watchdogs too. They have received the list of the names associated to each Voter ID.

For practical management reasons the Polling Committee may chose a maximum of three Watchdogs among the interested Members.

4. Your questions to the Members

The ballot will include questions to the Members by the Members. The responses will tell the Panelists what the Members want them to do. Please send your concerns to the Polling Committee. They will be packed by themes. We do not want to overlook any theme and any suggested option.

5. Today the situation for this election is as follows:

- 11 Panelists are to be elected
- 19 Members have accepted to be a candidate
- 3 Members have not been reached at their listed mail address
- 34 Nominees have declined
- 99 Members have not responded yet
- 3 Members are considering after a first question
- 1013 Members have a working listed e-mail

We need your answer before May 15th 00:00 GMT (to morrow night).
The Vote will occur from May 17 00:00 GMT to May 27 00:00GMT

Sincerely yours.
The Polling Committee.

NB. The draft of this mail has received the tacit approval of the whole Committee but the final text has been edited by a neutral third party, which may lead to some minor changes.

----- End forwarded message -----