[atlarge-discuss] NOMINATION ACCEPTANCE

If there is any chance to rescue this election I want to help doing so , no matter how flawed the Nomination process is. If Jefsey will allow for some more time to debate with the candidates and let them answer questions
I accept my nomination for the panel.

Due to the very serious flaws in process I do not want this panel to last a full 12 months and, if elected , I will see my term of office as 3 months and my "job" to write and propose to the rest of the Panel and the membership the rules that will govern the different offices that the members want to elect people for, especially a Polling Commission.

As the highest priority for the panel I see:

1. to formulate the organization's mission statement and membership rules and submit them to the membership for ratification.
2. the facilitating of an election of an independent Polling Commission with at least 3 members that will regularly poll the members on the basis of input from members on the mailing list and the forum.
3. to step back and be available for a proper re-election as a website supervisory Panel after no more than 3 months.

As a general principle I will support the avoidance of single points of failure and thus a diversification of icannatlarge to provide alternate venues (and political backup in case of capture of the "official" venues), but all united in a web ring of mutual links.

Along with the majority of the membership I see an icannatlarge structure that walks with two legs:

-a 5 person Website Panel controlling the content on our official website via a webmaster.
-a 3-5 person Polling Commission polling the members monthly on its own initiative and on open and public suggestions that can come from any member either in the Forum or on the mailing list.

Further elected committees like a membership committee are also needed, but this should wait until the PC is in place.

I hope that such an agenda will find your support.
My profile URL is here www.icannatlarge.com/jteernstra_profile.htm

-joop-