RE: [atlarge-discuss] Is This The Party To Whom I Am Speaking...

I respond with a copy of my previous comments in another message on this
topic of transforming the organization in a closed circle of neighbors and
people that it is known of previous works, in a bar, they were in a hotel,
in a congress, in a company, etc. Let us don't transform this it is a
treadmill, where it is always the same horse giving turns and turns and
turns...

cordially,
Mauro.-

-->> my other previous message <<--

[=] Another topic is that of the participation of the members,
especially I worry about the new members and the candidates for the
first time.

Several people have argued that it should not be voted by somebody new
or to vote for somebody that has not had an active participation
lately.

I find this a terrible concept and completely contrary to the spirit
of @Large. This becomes a circle of bad habits and a domain group in
very few people's hands, the same ones always. The Democracy of @Large
is demolished and this becomes a dictatorship.

Receive my congratulations and recognition people with impeccable
trajectory in ICANN and @Large. Without doubts in @Large have heroes
(to name them in some way), but I am for sure the spirit of those same
people is to give participation to the rest of the community,. it is
for that reason that @Large exists, it is for that that we are here,
it doesn't stop another thing.

On the other hand, the fact that a person is new as active
participant, doesn't mean that she is an ignoramus in the matter, or
that in her CV is not seen a trajectory of merits and achievements for
the community of Internet. Perhaps not in ICANN or @Large, but yes in
other environments of global work. To ignore this is to minimize our
members.

"I don't vote for anybody that doesn't know personally". I would ask
to those people if when they went candidates to some of the
organizations where they participate who vote for them we knew them
personally. How did they arrive to the positions where deservedly they
are or were they the first time?. Who did vote for these people?, were
all their voters intimate friends?.

Another related point is that of the participation of regions or
places, it is not necessary to be genius to realize that the
participation circles also in this aspect they are reduced. How will
we incentivate to those regions or small countries to participate if
we are announcing that to our club they enter alone those that we know
in person?. for what reason will they participate if they will be only
spectators?. Spectator, for moments, of a dramatic movie.

Many tests that can take to extend our trust in people exist. Internet
cannot be the best means to check the real existence of a person, but
a lot of information exists in the net that helps to have a level of
enough trust.