RE: [atlarge-discuss] Is This The Party To Whom I Am Speaking...

And perhaps the new panel or candidates can have the grace to solve
these kind of problems all by themselves...

In the last election we had 232 votes of which 133 went to the winner,
63 to number 11.

I leave open the number we need, because I can not foresee that a
relative small number (say 5) can get more done then 11, as long as the
rules of democracy are accepted, there are more opinions, so it might be
slightly harder to reach a majority, but a majority vote should rule the
panel.
This said I would like to emphasize that it is my hope that panel
members will not start to resign once a vote doesn't go their way nor
that they will threaten to do such, out of experience we can state that
such works counter-productive.

Nonethelesee I DO agree with the fact that a minimum amount of votes
should carry any candidate, and in my opinion the candidates themselves
should reconsider accepting their position if they were chosen say in
place 9 with 15 votes, perhaps they should then consider to leave the
panel at 7 or 8 members.
The less candidates get voted "in" the smaller the mandate "room" is for
the new panel, in other words say only 5 get above the original treshold
(agreed upon in the previous election) of 15 votes then the mandate of
those is very limited and when 11 get chosen and number 11 gets 100
votes then we may conlude that a large part of the voters has more faith
in the new panel and thus more of what that panel would like to take on
as its tasks can be realized. The need for immediate elections gets
smaller as the number of votes on the candidates rises.

Personally I will not take place in a new panel if the number of votes
received by me is lower then 25% of the total number of people that
voted, seeing as that number would not have been sufficient to be
elected in the previous panel.

As far as voting for "newbies" (to this organization as active members)
is concerned, I am happy to see more "new" faces active, and when they
are "real" persons with a message then I am certainly willing to given
them my vote above the "old-timers" who served in the previous panel
without much result, should any of them have been a candidate.

I agree however mostly that it is time to get something going, which
will undoubtedly mean give and take for any member to be on the panel,
let's just hope that all share the same idea on at least that part.

Kind regards

Abel

===========================

Information in this electronic mail message is confidential and may be
privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by
anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient any
use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is prohibited
and may be unlawful.

Any attachment has been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own
virus checker and procedures.

If you contact us by email we will store your name and address to
facilitate communications.

=========================

Able Towers and Able Consultancy are tradenames of Moordata Ltd.

2 Brickett Close
Ruislip
Middlesex
HA4 7YE