Re: [atlarge-discuss] How policy really gets made...

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> If icannatlarge ever hopes to become an effective organization, it will need
> to begin to learn to "interact" in order to properly advocate for the
> At-Large.  The other day, I spent close to half an hour on the phone with NTIA's Robin
> Layton, the US GAC representative.  I encourage others in this group to
> similarly reach out and to communicate with those decisionmakers and lobbyists
> whose views continue to shape the future of At-Large involvement.
>
> Progress begins by showing up at meetings and communicating with others...
> how many of the current candidates will commit to showing up in Montreal?  How
> many have ever attended a prior ICANN session?

Danny, once again you are putting the cart before the horse.  There has to be
an *organization* first, *then* we start wielding "clout."  My vote is simply
for the candidates best showing the commitment and competence needed to build
the organization.