RE: [atlarge-discuss] méthodes de travail normales,

I do wonder, I really do...

Sotiris, with all the willpower and ability you seem to have you do not
take the time to answer the questions asked by the members, except for
those asked by Joop and Danny, but yet you take time for verbally
beating up on other candidates and members that disagree with you.

I this what new panel members can expect from you on the panel if you
are to be elected? Or should I say when, like Joop used in his mail
"when I am elected".  Now knowing Joop I am pretty sure he meant if, and
also knowing Joop, despite his appearance I am sure he will listen to
other members of the panel and accept democratic decisions of the new
panel, but can you assure us, the members, that you will do the same?

Except for the frequently attacked Maurio, not one of you has agreed to
my proposal that a minimum percentage of the votes should be garnered to
accept a place on that panel. Are we afraid to NOT get on the panel that
we do not wish to say like I did, 25% of the votes are needed (more
explicitely, if 200 people vote I need 50 votes to accept) to accept a
place on the panel?

And why is exactly that you did not answer the questions asked by Jkhan,
Jefsey and Jan Siren?

I do not deem it prudent to bash other candidates, people with whom I
would have to work together if I was elected to be on that same panel, I
prefer to make friends, get results, to hardening positions that would
once again lead to a failure to accomplish anything because of personal
feelings.

The discussion whether someone should have a (to be decided amount) of
fluency in English in order to be a representative is nice as long as it
is kept constructive, in which case I suggest that people less fluent
CAN be a panel member, providing that they when needed use translators
to get their positions across, that is only when we can not understand
each other with some effort from both sides.
I love to see Spanish, Portugese, French, Italian, German, Chinese,
Japanese and perhaps even more nationalities and languages represented
on our panel, it would mean that we are coming close to what we would
love to be.

If that calls for translators, help by understanding each other, then so
be it, I still want to hear what they have to say. It did not stop the
GAC or the UN, so why would it stop us?

I am Dutch, Frysian and speak those languages fluently, read them and
write them, English is a language I speak because I live in the UK
(since 2 years) and I have not a really hard time speaking German, some
French, some Spanish, languages in which I can understand in large parts
the written text as well
Joop speak Frysian and Dutch, and I know because we used these languages
on the phone. Yet we all try to speak the linga franca fo this list, we
try to understand, and if we are not sure? We ask.

This list despite the traffic at times can be interesting because of the
people that post to it, we all make the content, at times we are
opinionated at times we reach understanding and at times we read and
learn.
We are here  with a common goal, that should prevail personal feelings,
and prevent general or personal bickering.

In politics (which is what we are doing on a small scale and according
to f.i. Danny should be doing on a larger scale) it is not done to
attack direct and personal, the person you attack today, may be needed
support tomorrow for getting where you want this organisation to go.

Please, do the members a favour, answer the questions still open to you
and try and work towards our goal of becoing a large succesfull
organization representing the users worldwide and supporting the needs
of them instead of killing the last bit of goodwill surging around at
this moment. Lets show that we can organize ourselves into a respective
community with a message.

Finally as for the voting procedure, as Jefsey explained on this list,
it is simple, using sendmail's possibilities to send to multiple host
what is received for one address, and I am sure if there are
discrepencies that those watching this vote, whose name is on the
website, will let us know. Let's deal with that when that happens.

Regards

Abel