RE: [atlarge-discuss] Nominees list

At 05:19 p.m. 29/05/2003, bruce@barelyadequate.info wrote:

On whose authority did you stand up a nominating process alternative to the
official one?
On the same authority that you and Jefsey invoked to do your "official" one: none whatever.

The moment the elected panel lost its quorum, there was no more Panel and there was certainly no "Polling committee" of the panel.
Your idea that 2 last men standing could become "official" is wrong and sets a very dangerous precedent for our democracy.
In the real world these things are called 'coups" and I have seen my share of them.

That said, I still appreciate that *someone* has to run these elections and I am grateful to whoever takes that cross upon him.
It would be better though, if it had been done in a spirit of co-operation with other good willing members and with a willingness to accept advice from people who understand more about democratic process than ex-military men like yourself and Jefsey.

Without the added nominations this election would most certainly have become a non-election and even more contested than it is now.

Bruce, we may never agree on what is good or bad for icannatlarge but we do need teamwork to get organized.

Now the election will be soon behind us, we will see who can be team players.

-joop-