RE: [atlarge-discuss] ELECTION REPORT

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

| Richard, if Jefsey does not produce the code for his "program" this
| "election" will be null and void.

Based on your word alone, Sotiris?  Your hubris is amusing!

This is a non-issue.  Jefsey already agreed to post the code before you
posted this message.  You're just "stirring the pot" trying to ferment
dissention.

| I am ready to decline my candidacy and call for a new election.  I
| suspect there will support for such a move.

And how, without another election, do you intend to prove the existence of
such support?

The biggest failing you and others on this forum and Joop's Web forum have
is a misunderstanding of the importance of the place of these have in our
organization.  While both are important to gauge member attitudes, the few
members that participate in these two forums, even when added together, do
not comprise a majority of our membership, and likely never will.  Even if
*every member* in both forums were to support your cause (fat chance of
that!), you would still not have a mandate.  The only way to gain a mandate
is through an election.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info