RE: [atlarge-discuss] ELECTION REPORT

Joop Teernstra wrote:

| There is one aspect of Jefsey's method that its critics are
| forgetting.
| The "official list" is a list not cleaned of bouncing addresses.

We didn't have the authority to arbitraily remove a name from the list.

| It is a large number of bounces  that come back to Jefsey, complete
| with their voters' ID.
| These bounces need to come back to the watchdogs as well, so
| that they can
| verify that there votes are not being "used".

Jefsey and I already know the cross between user name and voter ID, so that
is not a security breach.  The only question would be if the Watchdogs are
getting these bounced messages.  Jefsey could speak better to this than I,
since he actually set up the system.  But I would think they do, since I've
received numerous "Undeliverable Message" reports.

| In the meantime, as long as *the* watchdogs have not publicly
| accepted
| their role, I think this whole list is full of watchdogs.

Actually you aren't far off.  Once the election is closed, Jefsey is going
to have the Watchdogs validate the voting list, then I understand he's going
to post the whole raw talley sheet on this forum, so everyone can count the
votes if they wish.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info