Re: [atlarge-discuss] Membership Issues and an Invitation to IRC -- was Membership fees

On 3 Jun 2003 at 2:22, Micheal Sherrill wrote:

> Thank you for your prompt response.  I appreciate the attention to
> details that you easily replied.  However, this is not a Unix based
> world.  Regardless, that Microsoft Windows attempts to replicate that
> environment, it is still not part of most of our culture.

Speak for yourself... :)

>  We do email we do not do IRC.  Instant Messenger is for kids that
> have a lot of time on their hands and want to be distracted.  The
> email world is the ability to save messages to a post office box
> and retrieve it when we
> have time.

Both types of communications have their advantages and disadvantages;
I don't think anybody is suggesting we get rid of the e-mail lists,
but the more real-time IRC might be useful as an additional form of
communication for those who wish to use it.

The Mozilla browser comes with an IRC client, incidentally; click on
the "CZ" (Chatzilla) icon in the bottom bar if you're using it, or
type "irc:" into the address bar.  ( http://www.mozilla.org/ )

Incidentally, your e-mail messages are malformatted; they don't have
proper line breaks.  See my article on e-mail line length:
http://mailformat.dan.info/body/linelength.html

--
== Dan ==