RE: [atlarge-discuss] Provisional Membership Committee

In order to function appropriately a committee needs to be founded in
democratic principle, those were in this case not used.
When a committee can assure all those involved that ANY matter regarding
their privacy remain private and for the eyes and ears of verified ( how
is to be established ) committee members only, then that committee can
start her job.

Your assertion that verification information is scary to say the least,
it is up to any member how much disclosure he wants outside of the inner
circle of those who verify and no one else. In making it "public" you
immediately make such a committee nothing but a publishing end for the
entire membership. This is definitely not the way to go.

Non-disclosure should not be limited to bank account draining
information, but to all private information. The membership wants to
know if their elected candidates are real persons and as such in general
known as the person they pertain to be.

Whatever personal circumstances are, they are never to be disclosed, if
we can not trust a committee tasked with verification of that, then that
committee has no right to verify anyone.

Regards

Abel