RE: [atlarge-discuss] Membership fees

At 05:28 p.m. 7/06/2003, bruce@barelyadequate.info wrote:

Stephen Waters's idea to set up hardship application process is also
compelling, but unless we tied it's approval to some kind of evidence as to
the member's financial status, it could easily become a very abused process!
I can see it now: "Yeah!  I'm disadvantaged!  I only drive a Lexus, nor a
Porshe.  I deserve hardship consideration!"

With respect Bruce, but I do not fear that such an application would be abused when it involves only a few dollars and when the names of those who have applied for exemption are publicly listed.
It is fair to expect that fee-exempted members would make up in constructive contributions.

-joop-