Re: [atlarge-discuss] Bylaws Discussion - Regarding moderation and membership

Abel and all fellow members,

  Members are =  http://www.icannatlarge.org/view.php?sortorder=chrono
and/or registerp  here:  http://www.icannatlarge.org/register.php

  If a change is desired here such a change would need the
approval by vote of the existing members...

  Limits on number of posts to any membership "List" would be
yet another form of Censorship and a very bad idea for many
well known and experience reasons.

  BTW, who has posted 40 posts saying "Well said" in a single
day?  I don't even see such posts very often at all, and occasionally
make a few of this nature only occasionally myself.
Or are yo just expressing a personal vendetta in a indirect
manner???

Abel Wisman wrote:

> In order to create a "members only" list, which in itself is not
> guarantee that matters will not get noisy to begin with, and it would
> need a max-postings rate anyway as well, one needs to ascertain what
> members are.
> In order to have a members only list this organization has to be
> organized to being with.
> How can you have a members only list without the defining of a member?
>
> Moderation is not stopping posts, moderation is making sure simple rules
> are observed, such as posting limits and no-flaming. Things that
> normally make a list far more prodcutive.
>
> 40 posts a day saying "well said" are clutter, nothing else.
>
> Abel

    Pierre Abelard